by DynaVox Technologies
Take it out of the box and talk!
DynaWrite 2.0 is now available but Ex-demo DynaWrite (original model) units now available at 50% off while stocks last!
DynaWrite is the first keyboard-based communication device in the DynaVox family of products. Perfect for those with good literacy skills. DynaWrite allows augmented communicators to express themselves within minutes of taking the device out of the box.
- Easy to learn
The DynaWrite lets you “type and talk” within minutes of opening the box. Anyone familiar with a standard computer keyboard can learn to use the device quickly and easily.
- Flexible and versatile
The DynaWrite can be accessed using a variety of selection methods and scanning configurations. The device is appropriate for ambulatory and non-ambulatory individuals. DynaWrite can be used in place of the computer keyboard to control the computer. Documents created on the DynaWrite can be backed up to a PC or Macintosh computer.
- Powerful capabilities
Within its built-in Universal Remote Control, DynaWrite lets the augmented communicator operate other remote controlled devices. File management capabilities make it easy to store and retrieve thousands of documents. An integrated help menu gives users answers to their questions.
- Voice Retention Technology
VRT lets the augmented communicators back up to an hour of digital recording time.
- Familiar commands
DynaWrite’s function keys activate features common to all DynaVox devices, such as speak, word morphology, word prediction, abbreviation expansion, transfer, spell, system menu and more.
Lightweight and compact, the DynaWrite weighs just 1.0kg (2.16 lbs).
- Alternate Access
Single and dual switch scanning. Keyboard options for scanners – Optimised, QWERTY and ABC arrangements.
- Natural-Sounding Voice
VeriVox voice technology provides the most natural sounding voices available in augmentative communication devices.
- Built-in spell checker
- Built-in personal reminders
- Pronunciation – enter phonetic spellings as needed
DynaWrite devices include instruction manuals, training CD, wall transformer with cord, detachable carrying handle and shoulder strap, backup cable for your Mac or Windows computer, backup CD-ROM, and USB storage device. Additional accessories for DynaWrite are available.
- Weight: 1.0kg (2.16 lbs)
- Size: 31cm x 23cm x 8cm (12.40” x 9.10” x 3.22”)
- Displays: 17 cm (6.7”) Monochrome diagonal transflective LCD with backlight, 640 × 240 resolution
- Memory: Can store thousands of pages of text
- Battery: Rechargeable 7.4V Lithium ion
- Average Battery Run Time: 8 hours continuous on a full charge
- Voice Retention: 1 hour of digital recorded speech time using the built-in microphone
- Fonts: Up to 10 lines of text on window at 12 point font. Font adjustments from 10 point – 72 point.
- Interfaces: USB type A host port, two USB type B function ports, Serial port, Switch 1 jack, Switch 2 jack, Speaker/headphone jack, Charger jack, Infrared for Learning Universal Remote Control
- Specifications for Windows Computers (PC): Windows 95/98/2000/XP
- Specifications for Mac Computers: Power PC with OS 8.6 or higher; OS X Carbon Compliant
Access and Selection Methods
- Keyboard, single and dual switch scanning.
- Digitised speech and sound also available
- Volume, rate and pitch adjustable.
- Operating temperature: 0° to 45° C (32° to 113° F)
- Storage temperature: -25° to 60° C (-13° to 140° F)
What’s In The Box
- One DynaWrite speech-output device
- AC charger adapter and cord
- Detachable carrying handle and shoulder strap
- Instruction manual
- USB storage device
- Training CD and backup CD
- Computer backup cable
Ex-demo units come with 3 month warranty.
You might also want to check out our Dynavox Systems Communication Device Comparison Chart to see how this device compares with others in the Dynavox range.
This product is available for trial through Spectronics’ Equipment Trial Scheme.
Please click here for more information about this scheme and for equipment trial forms.
View / Download
- DynaWrite Reference Guide (PDF 1.2 MB)
DynaVox DynaWrite is targeted at the following age ranges:
- All Ages
DynaVox DynaWrite is designed to foster development in the areas of:
- Resource preparation
- Use of assistive technology
- Environmental control
Users can access DynaVox DynaWrite in the following ways:
- Single Switch
- Multiple Switches
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit:
Add items to your shopping list for creating an online quote, or purchasing them securely online.
Simply "tick" the boxes next to each item then click "Add Selected Items to List".
Freight free shipping anywhere within Australia or New Zealand!
Prices are listed in Australian Dollars