Just recently Tarheel has made some changes to the look of their website as well as add some new features to make it accessible to a greater range of users and devices.
- All books on the site can be browsed using 2 switches.
- Search for books using more than one criteria.
- Create Collections: named, saved, and shared Favorites lists.
- Read and create books on your phone or tablet.
- Upload pictures directly from your phone or tablet, if supported by your device as on iOS6.
- Use your own pictures at Flickr in books you create by entering your email address in the search box.
- Download books in PowerPoint or EPUB format. EPUB format books may be directly imported into iBooks and other eReaders for use offline. And coming soon, adding support for embedding speech into books with EPUB format.
- Use the site in different languages such as English, German, and Turkish. French, Italian, and Spanish translations are underway.
It’s definitely a great place to find and create literacy resources for students and make sure that they are tailored to their particular reading level. Go and check out some of the fun books that are there already!