The best way to do this is to save your board as a PDF (Portable Document Format). This is a common worldwide method that is a reliable and secure way to send documents to people when they might not have a particular software program to view and print the document.
However, you do need to have PDF writing software installed on your computer. There are a number of free versions (JGI = Just Google It) and one that I use frequently is called CutePDF Writer. This software installs itself as a “printer subsystem” and allows files in most Windows applications (that have a Print option) to convert to a PDF document.
Remember that when you are creating a Boardmaker PDF, it is for sharing with others to view and print that they will not be able to edit and make changes. They will need the Boardmaker software for that.
Once you know that you have PDF writer software on your computer you can follow the steps for either Boardmaker Studio or slightly different steps for Boardmaker, Boardmaker Plus and Boardmaker Speaking Dynamically Pro to create a PDF and share share share!
1. Open the project in Edit mode.
2. Select the Studio File icon (in the top left) then select Print Project.
3. In the top right, change the printer drop-down to read the name of the PDF software on the computer (i.e. PDF Creator, cute PDF, etc).
The PDF including all boards will be saved to that location.
Boardmaker, Boardmaker Plus or Boardmaker Speaking Dynamically Pro
1. Open the board in Design mode.
2. Select the File Menu (in the top left) then select Print.
3. Change the name of the printer in the printer drop-down menu to read the name of the PDF software on the computer (i.e. PDF Creator, cute PDF, etc).
4. Select OK.
5. A new Save As menu will open to name the PDF document. Give it a File Name.
If you have any difficulties with this, then don’t hesitate to call us. Have fun sharing those boards for printing!