Charlene has worked as a speech pathologist, supporting people with complex communication needs and learning disabilities for the past 15 years. She has worked in a variety of roles within the Disability Services of Western Australia, including Senior Speech Pathologist, Rural and Remote Resource Therapist and Regional Team Manager.
Charlene is a trained Key Word Sign (formerly Makaton) presenter, certified Hanen It Takes Two to Talk presenter and a member of the Apple Consultants Network. Charlene is also an official Proloquo2Go / Proloquo4Text trainer, and TBoxApps Trainer for Therapy Box.
Charlene has developed strong skills in and a passion for, the area of AAC and assistive technologies. She enjoys presenting workshops and providing consultancy services to support and educate parents, teachers and therapists in the use and application of inclusive technologies.
Charlene has been a full time member of the Professional and Consultancy Services Team at Spectronics.
AGOSCI State Representative for Victoria (2012-present); Key Word Sign Victoria committee member (2012-present).
Charlene is a Certified Apple Trainer, a Certified Google Educator and an endorsed Premium Trainer by Assistiveware.
About Charlene Cullen
Other Past Presentations
Clicker 6 Hands On – Sydney Catholic Education Office NSW
AAC lecture – Melbourne University VIC
Developing Switch Skills with apps and Software – School of Special Educational Needs: Disability, Perth WA
Strategies to support communication, positive behaviour and literacy in the classroom – South Gippsland Specialist School, Leongatha VIC
Hands on with Proloquo2Go – CRC, Biloela QLD
Creating Opportunities for AAC Use: All Day, Every Day – Ovens and Kings, Wangaratta VIC
Hands on AAC lecture – University of Melbourne, Melbourne VIC
InterAACtion all day, every day – Department of Health Consultancy, Darwin NT
- Introduction to Clicker 6 and Clicker apps
- Introduction to apps for Early Literacy
- Introduction to Texthelp Read&Write Gold version 11
- Using iPads to Support Your Students with Autism
- Boardmaker Basics: Creating Print Activities
- Boardmaker Plus Basics
- Boardmaker Speaking Dynamically Pro
- Boardmaker Studio
- Clicker 5
- Clicker 6
- Clicker Paint
- Communicate SymWriter
- Texthelp Read&Write 10 GOLD
- Alternative Access to the Mac using SwitchXS and Keystrokes – Calvary Care, NSW
- An Introduction to Key Word Sign – CRC, Biloela, QLD
- Proloquo2Go in the Special Education Classroom – Palmerston SEC, NT
- DynaVox – St Giles Southern Services
- Boardmaker CRC Biloela
- Boardmaker Plus – Southport Special School
- Boardmaker Studio Online Training – Riverstone High School
- KU Children’s Services Online Boardmaker
Apple | iPad Workshops
Successfully using iPads within the Special Education Classroom – Monash Special Developmental School VIC
Communication in the Classroom – Melbourne Catholic Education Office VIC
Successfully using iPads within the Classroom – Mumbulla Steiner School, Bega NSW
Northern Territory DECS iPad Workshops – NT
iPad Presentation – Bayside SDS – Moorabbin VIC
Using the iPad APPropriately throughout the day in various environments – Pinarc Disability Support Services – Ballarat VIC
iLearn iPad: Getting Started with the Basics – Gold Coast QLD
What’s appropriate? Apps for AAC – ComTEC Yooralla, Brooklyn VIC