My name is Amanda Hartmann and I’m a Speech Pathologist. I currently have my own busy private practice working with children and young adults with disabilities. I am passionate about supporting the development of communication systems using technology, symbols and sign language. I am, however NOT new to the Spectronics team, having worked with the team in the AAC section 6 years ago. After 6 years away – some things are still the same (some of the SAME great team and plenty of familiar faces, and heaps of enthusiasm!), but some things are new (bigger and better conference, Apple, apple and more apple, twitter, blogging and scoop it!). I was so honoured and excited when Barbara, Michael and Greg offered me a chance to work again with the Spectronics Team. I’m alongside some amazing people here (right?) and I hope to learn from them as well as inspire people as I go!
So what can you expect to see from me?
- The first thing, almost ready to go, is our first WEBINAR, titled : ‘Proloquo2Go: Making it work for you!’ – For the past week I have filmed over an hour of instructional tips, ideas and inspiration to get Proloquo2Go working for you! Slightly unnerving to be talking to a computer to record my presentation, rather than the usual sea of people in an actual workshop –but fun none the less! Proloquo2Go is such a fantastic app to support communication development and this webinar will be great for those of you – who not only need some help to get started, but also for those that need to learn more to make it even more successful!
- You’ll also see me around here on the blog – where I’ll try to answer all the hard questions… to give you tips and ideas for all things communication, learning and apple!
- And I can’t wait to add MY FAVOURITE APPS (clue: Toca Boca!!!) to our ever-growing apps lists! What a GREAT reference point this is becoming for all of us – even I found 10 new cool apps today as I reviewed it! I loved this one… Smarty Pants.
- I am looking forward to joining the consultancy team in their workshops and training. I am really passionate about getting out there, meeting people and sharing what I know! I can’t wait.
- And I’ll try to learn how to tweet and scoop too….
So thanks for having me here – looking forward to riding this Spectronics train – what a great ride to be on!