These were some of the comments from our Consultancy team when we were lucky enough to see the pre-release of the new Clicker apps in action – you might think we need to get out more, but they really are great! When Crick do something, they do it well and these Clicker apps are no exception. They really tick the boxes in terms of features and functions we are looking for when supporting children with special needs.
Clicker Sentences‘ features include:
- similar functionality to the Clicker 6 wizards which allow you to quickly and easily make differentiated sentence building sets;
- create your sentence set in alphabetical, random, sentence order or guided order (which is a forced grid)
- provide different levels of support to write the sentence with no model, a model on the grid, a model in a pop-up or a spoken model;
- ability to copy and paste text from anywhere on your iPad to create sentences more efficiently;
- edit mode to easily program your grids and make master changes;
- easy to embed and edit picture support, direct from the iPad camera or camera roll.
Clicker Docs‘ features include:
- create a tabbed word bank for any topic;
- inbuilt lower case keyboard;
- word prediction with various options for customisation;
- automatically develops word banks from pasted text anywhere on your iPad, including any web browser such as Safari;
- a similar function to that of Clicker Writer within Clicker 6.
Additional features across both apps include the ability to:
- listen to words before you write them to help with finding the right word
- automatically detect the region you are from and will use the voice and spelling settings for that region (including Australia!);
- publish your writing in various formats to email or print
- access freely available Sentence Sets and Word Banks from LearningGrids from directly within the app, without the need to sign in, and this collection is set to grow, just as it has for the software!
Both of the apps are so simple to use and have a very user friendly interface and intuitive feel – they really fill a gap of what is currently available as literacy support tools on the iOS platform.
We were all very excited to hear that in a future update it will be possible to open sentence sets and word banks in Clicker 6, that you have created in the apps and vice versa!
We are sure you will be as impressed as us! Let us know what you think…..