In response to MANY requests, we are repeating the very popular Integrating iPads into your Classroom: For Learning Support and Special Ed one-day workshops again this month. Only in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane this time around, but videos of the full day of workshop content will be available to ALL Spectronics Online Premium Subscribers within the next few days. So if you can’t be there in person, simply subscribe now to ensure you don’t miss out on the comprehensive collection of information to be presented on the workshop day!
Some comments from delegates who attended the workshops across Australia and New Zealand earlier this year.
- “This day was excellent. I learned so much about the mechanics of getting started with the iPad. (I am a complete novice!) The rubric for app selection was excellent. Overall a very worthwhile day.”
- “Fabulous. As always exceptionally professionally presented, with great resources distributed for further self-education, collaboration and learning.”
- “Great organisation of content. Great presentation. Useful having iBook handouts to take away. Looking forward to playing in the SANDPIT when we get back.”
Helping you to make informed apps and technology choices for your students!
The iPad has turned even experienced technology users into beginners again! So much to learn. How do you make the BEST app choices when there are over 500,000 to choose from? How do you successfully embed iPads within your learning support programs? How are they best used in special ed classrooms and for students with autism?
So many questions! Join the Spectronics Consultancy Team to answer many of these questions and more for you. The workshop presenters, Greg O’Connor, Amanda Hartmann and Katie Lyon are all Apple Certified Trainers and have been working with apps and iPads from the time of their release in Australia and New Zealand in 2010! Added to the team’s experience is the fact that they have each spent many years supporting implementation of pre-iPad learning support and special ed technologies too. So they understand where iPads fit within the technology toolkit for your classroom. And are keen to share their expertise with you in these information-packed workshops!
When and Where?
- Sydney - Tuesday 21st May 2013 – Download the Sydney iPad workshop flyer (PDF)
- Melbourne - Wednesday 29th May 2013 - Download the Melbourne iPad workshop flyer (PDF)
- Brisbane – Friday 31st May 2013 - Download the Brisbane iPad workshop flyer (PDF)
What’s covered in these fast-paced information-packed days?
- Customising the iPad to accommodate the needs of diverse learners.
- Adding content to your iPads to support students in special ed classrooms.
- Adding content to your iPads to support students with learning support needs in mainstream classrooms.
- Adding content to your iPads to support students with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Creating customised content on iPads: Students and teachers as authors.
- Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater! The place for other technologies in your classroom toolkit.
- Taking your learning further … today is just the beginning!
Other workshop inclusions?
- Full catering for the day including arrival tea/coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Access to online resources to support your learning at the workshop and afterwards to share with your colleagues
- Access to your presenters for personalised question and answer sessions in the breaks
- PLUS as an added bonus all workshop attendees will be given a FREE 30-day trial Spectronics Online Premium Subscription extending your iPad learning opportunities even further!
- AND you will be given access to a video of the workshop content for a full two months after the workshop – to help you to catch up on anything you missed as the fast-paced session was in progress on the workshop day. Great for sharing your learning with your colleagues too!
Bring along your iPad (or preferred mobile device) if you wish to be able to access resources online while the workshop is in progress. However, this is not a “hands-on” workshop so you will not be disadvantaged if you do not have an iPad in hand.
A week before your workshop kicks off, we will send you instructions on how to download all of the presentations and resources for the day so that you have them available on your iPad ready to use on the day. Alternatively, you may even wish to print them out for making notes on the day – if paper and pen is your preferred notetaking style.
Cost to attend this comprehensive one-day workshop?
- $195 (AUD) per workshop
What if you can’t attend the workshop in person? We have video for you!
We are only able to travel to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane for the iPads for Learning Support and Special Education workshops this month. We appreciate that this may not be ideal for you to be there in person. If so, we are offering another way for you to be able to benefit from the comprehensive content shared on the day.
We have videoed several of our iPad workshops in full – from 9am through to the finish at 4pm. And have broken them up into 1.5 hour sessions under each topic area making it easier for you to find the time to view the content in smaller chunks. These will be available to all Spectronics Online Premium Subscribers by the end of this week! Subscribe now from just $95 per year and you won’t have to miss out on any of the information shared by the clever Spectronics Consultancy Team at the iPad workshops!
We hope that you are able to join us at one of these sessions. They are (once again) proving to be seriously popular. As there are limited spaces at the venues, registering as soon as is possible will ensure you don’t miss out on a place. As always, if you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact the Spectronics workshops team on email or on phone (07) 3808 6833. We’re happy to help out!