Helping you to make informed apps and technology choices for your students!
The iPad has turned even experienced technology users into beginners again! So much to learn. How do you make the BEST app choices when there are over 500,000 to choose from? How do you successfully embed iPads within your learning support programs? How are they best used in special ed classrooms and for students with autism?
So many questions! Join the Spectronics Consultancy Team to answer many of these questions and more for you. The workshop presenters, Greg O’Connor, Amanda Hartmann and Katie Lyon are all Apple Certified Trainers and have been working with apps and iPads from the time of their release in Australia and New Zealand in 2010! Added to the teams’ experience is the fact that they have each spent many years supporting implementation of pre-iPad learning support and special ed technologies too. So they understand where iPads fit within the technology toolkit for your classroom. And are keen to share their expertise with you in these information-packed workshops!
When and Where?
- Brisbane - Thursday 7th March 2013 – Brisbane Flyer
- Cairns - Monday 11th March 2013 – Cairns Flyer
- Sydney - Wednesday 13th March 2013 – Sydney Flyer
- Melbourne - Friday 15th March 2013 – Melbourne Flyer
- Adelaide - Monday 18th March 2013 – Adelaide Flyer
- Perth - Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st March 2013 – Perth Flyer
- Auckland - Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th April 2013 – Auckland Flyer
- Hobart - Thursday 11th April 2013 – Hobart Flyer
And in Round Two due to popular demands:
- Sydney - Tuesday 21st May 2013 – Sydney Round Two Flyer
- Melbourne - Wednesday 29th May 2013 – Melbourne Round Two Flyer
- Brisbane - Friday 31st May 2013 – Brisbane Round Two Flyer
What’s covered in the program for this fast-paced information-packed day?
- Customising the iPad to accommodate the needs of diverse learners.
- Adding content to your iPads to support students in special ed classrooms.
- Adding content to your iPads to support students with learning support needs in mainstream classrooms.
- Adding content to your iPads to support students with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Creating customised content on iPads: Students and teachers as authors.
- Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater! The place for other technologies in your classroom toolkit.
- Taking your learning further … today is just the beginning!
Other workshop inclusions?
- Full catering for the day including arrival tea/coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Access to online resources to support your learning at the workshop and afterwards to share with your colleagues
- Free wireless Internet connection for the duration of the workshop
- Access to your presenters for personalised question and answer sessions in the breaks
- PLUS as an added bonus all workshop attendees will be given a FREE 30-day Trial Spectronics Online Premium Subscription extending your iPad learning opportunities even further!
Bring along your iPad (or preferred mobile device) if you wish to be able to access resources online while the workshop is in progress. However, this is not a "hands-on" workshop so you will not be disadvantaged if you do not have an iPad in hand.
Brisbane, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, and Perth
$245 +GST (NZD) per day or $395 +GST (NZD) for both days
We hope that you are able to join us at one of these sessions. They are sure to be popular and as there are limited spaces at the venues registering as soon as is possible will ensure you don’t miss out. This is why we have sent this advance notice to quickly catch your attention before the Christmas/New Year break.
If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate in contacting the Spectronics workshops team on email.
Or if you’re in New Zealand, contact Amanda in the Spectronics New Zealand office in Auckland on (09) 275 5744. We are all happy to help out!